Barstow Sunglasses - B&W Havana with Grey Lens
- Free Next Day delivery on all UK orders £150+
- UK VAT removed at checkout for non-UK orders
A staple in the Monokel Eyewear catalog, the Barstow presents a classic approach with its rounded lenses and slender arms. Details like the keyhole bridge highlights the quality craftsmanship, polished to perfection.
- Handcrafted from organic- and biodegradable acetate
- 100% UV protective Carl Zeiss Vision CR39 lenses
- 5-Barrel OBE Stainless steel hinges
- Teflon covered hinge screws
- Keyhole nosebridge
- Includes protective case, cleaning cloth and box for storage
Grey lenses are known for their classic style and versatility. They’re great for reducing glare on both sunny and cloudy days, while also providing anti-fatigue benefits. Grey lenses have the added benefit of allowing true color perception - showing the color of objects in their purest form. All Monokel lenses feature anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatment with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Made by renowned German lens- and optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss.
The making of the Black/White Havana acetate is truly an artisanal process. First, small colored pellets of various hues of bone, dark brown and black are made by mixing organic color powder with raw biodegradable cellulose acetate. The result is a highly durable, hypoallergenic material, made from renewable resources. The colored acetate pellets are then mixed and stirred by hand to achieve the speckled Havana pattern, thus making the pattern on every frame unique - no two pairs alike.