Polly Sunglasses - Havana with Green Lens
- Free Next Day delivery on all UK orders £150+
- UK VAT removed at checkout for non-UK orders
Timeless design with contemporary undertones. The Polly pairs soft oval frames with wide temples. Ideal for most face shapes and sizes. Crafted by hand using environmentally-responsible materials and practices.
- Handcrafted from organic- and biodegradable acetate
- 100% UV-protective Carl Zeiss Vision CR39 lenses
- 5-Barrel OBE Stainless steel hinges
- Teflon-covered hinge screws
- Saddle nose bridge
- Includes protective case, cleaning cloth and box for storage
The making of the Havana acetate is truly an artisanal process. First, we make small colored pellets of various hues of yellow, brown and orange are made by mixing organic color powder with raw biodegradable cellulose acetate. The result is a highly durable, hypoallergenic material, made from renewable resources. The coloured acetate pellets are then mixed and stirred by hand to achieve our speckled Havana pattern, thus making the pattern on every frame unique - no two pairs alike.
Aviator pilots of the 1930s are often credited with making green lenses popular, choosing to wear them due to their ability to work in both sunny and low-light environments while reducing glare and brightening shadows. All Monokel lenses feature anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatment with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Made by renowned German lens- and optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss.