We are going to hop, skip and jump away from Black Friday as always and instead celebrate the benefits of supporting local. There are so many great things about supporting independent business, but it is harder for us lot to have such huge promotions and continuous discounting. Unfortunately, much of the time the consumer is misled. Of course we do have genuine seasonal promotions, as we do at the moment offering 20% on a few end of line collections.
We are honest beings and don’t put unfair mark-ups on our products from the get go, meaning we can’t compete with the big cuts the high street offers. We also value and encourage thoughtful buying starting with the sourcing of products all the way through to our customers. What’s the point in waste ?
We just thought we would make a little list of all our favourite Edinburgh independent shops. So here we go:
- Studio One Furniture - On Morningside Road for all the best Scandinavian and mid-century interiors
- Gallery Ten - A fellow neighbour of ours (William Street), Gallery Ten has the most beautifully curated selection of contemporary and applied arts.
- L'escargot Blanc - We love it at L'escargot Blanc for a cheeky glass of wine and some indulgent French food.It's located just around the corner from us on Queensferry Road
- Pickles Wine Bar - Great cozy haunt on Broughton Street for lovely wine and delicious cheeseboards.
- Rogue Flowers - The most charming of florists, just across the street from us.
- Golden Hare Bookshop - The best, most thoughtful collection of books and coziest spot in town. Down in Stockbridge on St Stephens Street.
- The Method - If you want to experience proper massage in the most nurturing, caring and beautiful spaces The Method is the place for you. They also have a store selling beauty and home-wares encouraging of slowing down and enjoying the small everyday routines. Also on St Stephens Street in Stockbridge.
- Chamomile Sanctuary - Chanomile Sanctuary is a place we visit regularly, they offer a range of very high quality range of beauty treatments. On Alva Street.
- Epitome - Down on Dundas Street you will find Epitome, which have a good collection of womenswear.
- Valvona and Crolla - If you are a fan of proper Italian delicatessens you will be in heaven in Valvona and Crolla on Elm Row.
- Paper Tiger - Who doesn't like stationary. Who wouldn't like Paper Tiger on Stafford Street.
And of course our lovely men's store across the street: Frontiers Man